Hiya. I went on holidays last month and happened to shop at IKEA (we don’t have one where I live) and I picked up a few of these votive candles. They smell great, and are a fab gift for anyone! Check out the box I made to house this candle.
Here is the video. Enjoy the show.
So the details are below. Keep in mind it can be confusing so I am going to separate the construction into 3 segments for you.
Segment 1: Insert
- Cardstock: 6 by 6
- score at 1 inch on all sides
- use frame lit and big shot
Segment 2: Base
- card stock 7 by 7
- score at 1 1/2 inches on all 4 sides
- cut tabs in the pin wheel style
Segment 3: Flip top lid
- card stock 8 1/16 by 8 1/16
- score at 2 inches on all 4 sides
- Lid top decoration has 2 layers
- First layer : 3 3/4 by 3 3/4 (plain card stock)
- Second layer: 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 (DSP)
- Side DSP: 3 3/4 by 1 3/4 (4 pieces)
Thanks Mom. 🙂
Hi, another great idea from you! I will look out for these candles, they would make a lovely gift in your beautiful box. You made me smile when you were making your bow with the smallest piece of ribbon – well done! You have much more patience than me; it would have ended up in a horrible tangled knot, then in the bin! Thanks for a great tutorial Susanne – hope you have a good weekend! (the sun has finally made an appearance here, but it’s still flipping cold!!!) 😉 x
Oh my goodness Karen, I almost quit there…it seemed that I was all fingers and no ribbon. Ha! If nothing I am determined. Glad you stopped by and the sunshine is shining on you. It’s a bit cloudy here, a nice reprieve from the scorching rays! Take care and I’ll see you soon.
And I got it for my birthday too! You should go into a partnership with a candle company.
Happy birthday sis. 🙂