Monday Makes – Hello Friend

Why, hello friend.  I am glad that you are popping by today.  As you will learn in the video today that my life is a little bit stressful.  Well, not a little bit…quite a lot.  My apartment got flooded the day after my birthday by a washing machine that kept filling…then spilling…then flooding my floors.  40 minutes was all it took to make a mess of things…I can’t even imagine the horrors that are going on in Texas right now with all the flooding that is happening there.  However, I can relate.  I am overwhelmed, displaced and I will be honest here and say that I am not pleased.  I have learned from my landlords that it may be quite some time before I am able to go back into the apartment and all my belongings have been moved to a storage container on the driveway.  I am currently separated from Molly and Quinn {my kitties} who are living with a friend and I am staying at my sister’s home with her family.  It’s a bit of a struggle to get into a groove, and everything that was simple is taking far more time than I thought.  I have 2 businesses to look after, and my main goal is to keep up with all of them but Molly and Quinn and their well-being comes first. I visit them often and for as long as i can and at the time I write this post know that they have adjusted to their temporary digs finally and are eating and playing again.  I realize this is a little personal and that many of you are just looking for some inspiration and all this personal stuff is kinda beside the point but in case you notice differences in the videos, or if I sound a little distracted or disorganized please know that this is the reason why.  I am not going to dwell here misery-ville but it’s pretty awful being put out of your home and separated from your family. However, I am Ok, my kitties are safe and maybe in a month or so I will have a renovated apartment   Trying to look at the bright side of things, right?  Anyway, on with the reason you are here today…inspiration, check it out.

Here are the links to what I have used on today’s project. Please click on the picture or wording to be taken to the online store. If you make a purchase after clicking on my link, I receive a small commission as your demonstrator with no extra cost to you. I truly appreciate your support when shopping with me. Please do not hesitate to ask me a question as I am here to help you.

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Monday Makes – Hello Friend

1. Geraldine Homenchuk

So sorry for all the drama in your life right now, but honestly, if you hadn’t said anything, one would never know! Your card is lovely. Hope you don’t have to wait too long to get back into your home and that the kitties will settle into their temporary digs okay too … and forgive you for all the “inconvenience” (like it’s hardly your fault!) Take care! & TFS!

2. Jan Lariviere

Hey Suzanne. You are doing an awesome job in spite of the drama in your life. Doing something creative helps with the stress I hope. It will all be over soon I hope.

3. Gayle McCracken

I love your work & especially your Videos. You seem very positive during a hard situation-I hope the time passes quickly & that you & your kitties are back together “at home” soon!

4. Ramsey

Oh my gosh I am so sorry that life has thrown a curve ball! (Hmmm, not sure where that came from… I am not into baseball) Hang in there, your video was superb as usual! As for the dimensionals…. I LOVE it!!! I do the same thing and when I go to take all the backs off I wonder why I had to add so many! Good luck and hopefully the improved apartment will be worth it!

5. paperrose14

Great card as usual.
    Take one day at a time. Now is a time to maybe plan a little redecorating or re-arranging of your space for when you move back in. It will be a new start in a familiar place! Exciting! Remember, deep breaths and quiet spaces when you need them.

6. Shelly Ashley

I so enjoy your videos. I am sorry about the circumstances you are in right now. I do understand. I have been displaced twice in my lifetime and it was the most difficult time in my life. It’s hard to focus and concentrate on things for awhile so don’t be too hard on yourself. Take one thing at a time and deal with it and each step gets you closer to the end of the misery. Saying a little prayer for you today. Shelly

7. Karen S

Hi there, you’re doing great kid, we wouldn’t know the difference! I am amazed at how you’ve kept up with your blog and demo’s etc. I can’t even fit my craft stuff in my room, let alone a car! So bad, what happened, but you, Molly & Quinn are safe and so are your craft supplies (you can see where my priorities lie) And you know the fur-balls are going to make you pay for the upheaval no matter what, but good to know they’re settled. Card design is bright and cheerful, just what we all need now (you especially) You amaze me with you fussy cutting, mine is never so neat and I’ve been crafting for years, I can’t leave a neat white border – respect! Love to you, you know I wish you nothing but the best. K x

8. cmsteele737

so sorry that your are having to go though this – it’s hard to deal with major changes no matter how temporary. Your cards and videos are always an inspiration. First, I would never have known you were having issues – you were as professional as always. Second, if you have to take some time, everyone will be here when you get back! All the best